Here’s the pattern. I really wanted my daughter to have something that I made her – I’ve sewn her some doll clothes, and knit her a shawl, but I wanted her to have something in her wardrobe that really got some use, so I settled on making her a sweater-coat. I think it took about 3 weeks to knit this, and the pattern was relatively easy to follow (except for the part where I knit 20 rows in the wrong stitch and had to tear it out and start over, haha..) after that, it was easy :).
Jasmine loves her coat. Its thick and warm without being heavy, and is just large enough that she’ll still get some use out of it this fall. I passed on using the recommended yarn, and instead went with something I could buy locally – the yardage on this pattern is way off, I used over 700 yards of wool.
Be careful when you’re picking up the stitches along the collar, its tricky and the stretched holes will show on the finished product. Other than that, this was a fun knit, with lots of stitch fluctuations to ward off boredom :). Here are my notes: